Front Garden Low Maintenance Australian Native Plants
Native plants often have striking forms and stunning flower displays that create powerful contrasts and variety in ornamental gardens or for lining driveways.
Front garden low maintenance australian native plants. Ideal for our climate a native garden will look attractive can provide year round flowering and will attract birds and wildlife. The fabulous planting scheme for this home on victoria s surf coast is entirely indigenous which was a requirement of the local council. Shrubs are great low maintenance plants and most only need the occasional trim to look good. Iconic as australia s floral emblem acacias also known as wattles are one of the most low maintenance and drought tolerant plants you can have in your garden thanks to their tough structure highly resistant to moisture loss.
Australian native plants look great in mass plantings as specimen trees ground cover for weed control. Try your local garden centre or bulbsdirect co nz. Here phillip withers landscape designer and director of phillip withers landscape design reveals his four favourite easy care natives for australian gardens. Plant a native garden native plants are equipped to handle the local conditions and you will rarely need to pamper them.
If you don t need a lawn consider filling deep garden beds with dense plantings of native shrubs and grasses traversed by winding paths. You can use a variety of grasses desert plants shrubs ground cover succulents herbs food plants fruit and berries to create a diverse australian native garden. You can see withers work at at the melbourne international flower garden show from 21 25 march where he will be exhibiting more details at end of the story. Garden designs for perth and the south west.
It can also be grown in pots ideal for balcony gardens. It is drought tolerant and very low maintenance. How to pick australian native plants for your garden. The ultimate low maintenance garden hack is to use indigenous native plants.
Westringia funky chunky pilotheca cascade of stars and callistemon species are three good choices. Shrubberies are still popular in traditional gardens but for a more contemporary look use shrubs as low and medium height hedges or plant in large clipped blocks. Just keep in mind your location and climate when choosing the most suitable native plant for your garden. Oct 28 2019 10 00pm.
Below we ve put together a few of our favourite designs to help you create a beautiful waterwise garden that is easy to maintain. Take the guesswork out of gardening and go straight for plants you know suit our climate.
- Raised Garden Layout Small Backyard Backyard Vegetable Garden Ideas
- Planting Ideas For Patio Pots
- Plans For Raised Garden Table
- Plum Children S Garden Picnic Table With Parasol
- Raised Bed Garden Planting Ideas
- Rectangle Garden Design Plans Pictures
- Plans For Outdoor Table And Chairs
- Planting Ideas For Patio Pots Uk
- Pinterest Small Garden Patio Ideas
- Plan Roof Garden
- Plans For Garden Potting Table
- Plants For Low Maintenance Gardens Uk
- Reclining Garden Chair With Shade
- Pub Breakfast Covent Garden
- Port Dickson Bungalow Pool Garden Villa
- Porch Outdoor Patio Lighting Ideas
- Plastic Reclining Garden Chairs With Footrest
- Pinterest Low Maintenance Garden Ideas
- Plans For Wooden Garden Table
- Pinterest Garden Pots Ideas